Here are the solutions for 0x8024a10 windows 10 update error. You are in the right place on the web if you are facing this issue. If you are using Windows for a long time then you must have encountered many errors. But now, with Windows 10 many improvements have been done. But still, there are issues which might occur. There are numerous ways to fix this easily. Let us cover them one by one.
0x8024a105 Windows 10 Update Error [Solved]
- Hit the start button on your keyword and search for “troubleshoot” in the search bar. You will see Troubleshoot as soon below. Start it by selecting the same.
- Now, select the option “Windows Update” and then “Run the troubleshooter”.
- The troubleshooter will start the scanning for the detection of the problem.
- When the search finishes follow the given instruction and apply the fix.
- And finally, try to update your Windows again to check whether the problem is solved or not.
This method is known as “Clear and Reset Software Distribution Folder”. There is a folder named “Software Distribution” which stores the data of the windows update. This folder can be reset by simply deleting the constitute files of the folder and 0x8024a105 windows 10 update error will be solved. Here are the steps:
- Hit Windows+R keys then type “CMD” and select “OK”.
- This will start the command prompt. You just have to type the below commands one by one and press the enter key.
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
net stop appidsvc
net stop cryptsvc
- After all of this, you just have to go to this “C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\“.
- And then delete all of the files.
- Now, go back to “Command Prompt” and then execute the following commands:
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start appidsvc
net start cryptsvc
- The final is to Restart your system.
If the above two methods didn’t work for you, don’t worry we have 8 different methods. This might work for you. This method is known as “Reset Catroot2 Folder”. Here are the steps to resolve the problem:
- First of all, hit Windows+X keys and then click “Command Prompt (Admin)”.
- When the “Command Prompt” opens, run the following commands by typing only one at a time and pressing the “Enter” key:
net stop cryptsvc
xcopy %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 %systemroot%\system32\catroot2.old /s
net start cryptsvc
- Once you are done with the commands you just have to open the “catroot2” folder and delete all of its files.
- Finally, restart your computer and try to update your windows. If still the problem is not solved then follow the methods below.
The error that you have encountered might be due to some corrupt files on your system. However, these corrupted files can be removed using the inbuilt tool of the windows known as DISM. Follow the instructions below:
- Press the combination Windows+X at once. Or follow the above previous method’s step to open the “Command Prompt”.
- Select “Command Prompt (Admin)” from the list of menu.
- After this, type the following command and press “Enter”.
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
- Now, the DISM tool after detecting the problem will resolve the issue faced by you.
- Ultimately, restart your pc and try to update the Windows.
If you are still not able to resolve the problem then try Customize Windows Update Settings method which can be achieved with the following steps:
- Hover the mouse to the right corner of the screen then click “Settings” from the “Charm Bar”.
- Now, click “Update and Security”.
- Try to find “Advanced Option” at the bottom then click to open the same.
- Make sure that the box is checked for “Give me updates for the other Microsoft products when I update Windows.”
- Now, when you are on a local network connection, click “Delivery Optimization”.
- This open a new window and toggle “Allow downloads from other PCs” to turn on this option.
- With this issue might be resolved.
This method will guide to “Perform a Clean Boot”:
- Press Windows+R keys to execute the “Run”.
- Type “msconfig” and then click “OK”.
- This will open the “System Configuration” window.
- Click on third tab i.e., “Services” tab.
- Make sure the box is checked for “Hide all Microsoft Services” then at last click on “Disable all” button and “OK”.
- First of all, download “Reset Windows Update Agent” from the official website of Microsoft.
- Right click on the downloaded file and click “Run as Administrator”.
- Now, you will see a message prompt with the message, “Do you want to continue the process? (Y/N)”.
- Press the “Y” key and then “Enter”.
- That’s all the agent will check the windows related issues and after the completion of this try to update the Windows.
Windows 10 update error 0x8024a105 may be due to the fact that the drivers are outdated. Therefore in the last option that I know will involve the driver update. Just follow the below instructions:
- Again press the key combination, “Windows+X” and choose “Device Manager” from the list.
- Ad the window opens, select the device of which the driver needs an update and right click on the same.
- Select “Update driver software”.
- If there is an update released then the wizard will download it and install it.
I hope you will be resolved with any of the above methods. If still, you are facing the same issue then reboot your pc and try to switch the internet connection and again try to update your windows.
Stay tuned with Tech Streek! for more tech.